Domestic violence in Bulgaria
Our team is highly experienced in dealing with matters of harassment and domestic abuse which arise in the context of a family dispute.
We have the necessary expertise and support from our colleagues in other teams to advise and assist those suffering from domestic abuse and harassment.
Combating domestic abuse and harassment does not necessarily mean contacting the police, a prosecution and criminal convictions.
There are a number of remedies available in the civil and family courts which can afford protection to you without resorting to criminal proceedings.
Domestic abuse concerns itself not only with your immediate spouse or partner, but also wider members of your family and household.
If you are suffering abuse or harassment from someone who is not your partner or spouse, there are remedies available.
Legal protection in domestic violence
The act of domestic violence is a type of illegal act and its consequences may have a different nature.
What is domestic violence ?
Domestic violence is any act of physical, sexual, mental, emotional or economic violence.
A domestic violence situation may lead to one or both parties seeking an Order.
The orders should be delivered by police office.
These orders can become very important in family law matters including parenting and property proceedings. Our lawyers support drafting a claims for domestic violence.
Measures for protection against domestic violence:
1.Placing the respondent under an obligation to refrain from perpetrating domestic violence;
2. Removing the respondent from the common dwelling-house for a period specified by the court;
3. Prohibiting the respondent from getting in the vicinity of the victime, his/her home, place of work, and places where the victime has his or her social contacts or recreation, on such terms and conditions and for such a period as is specified by the court;
4. Temporarily relocating the residence of the child with the parent who is the victim or with the parent who has not carried out the violent act at stake, on such terms and conditions and for such a period as is specified by the court, provided that this is not inconsistent with the best interests of the child;
5. Placing the respondent under an obligation to attend specialised programmes;
6. Advising the victims to attend recovery programmes.
The appeal claim could filed in the court within 7 days.
The appeal claim don’t suspend the execution of the order.
The district court shall consider the appeal within 14 days in open session with summoning of the parties
Every side has a ride to ask for uphold, revoke or amend the appealed decision.
The appeal court could amends the order, the court issues a new order.
If you have any questions related to domestic abuse, we want to hear from you.
Call our law office at + 359 897 90 43 91, confidential consultation with a Bulgarian domestic violence lawyer or contact us online.