Register tour operator, touristic agency
Bulgarian travel agency or tour operator businesses can be conducted only by Bulgarian companies that are listed in the Register of Tour Operators and Travel Agents, part of Bulgarian National Tourism Register. The registration is made with the Ministry of Economy, Energy and Tourism upon filing an application by the candidate together with a number of documents confirming that the applicant matches the criteria specified in Bulgarian Tourism Act and sub delegated legislation. Below we have summarized some of the basic registration requirements prescribed in Bulgarian Laws.
To begin with, those who want to be listed as Bulgarian tour operators and / or travel agencies must be:
Legal entities entitled to conduct business under any other law of an EU member state country or another country within the European Economic Area
Any of the above two categories have the opportunity to register as full-service providers or online providers of tour operator or travel agency / tour operator services. The second option is relatively easier. Tour operators and agents that offer only online services benefit from a simpler registration regime and fewer application documents for their listing.
Generally the requirements can be classified in 5 groups:
Requirements to the professional qualification, education and experience of the person who will manage the Bulgarian tour operator or tourist agent activity;
Requirements to the staff – education, language skills and work experience;
Requirements to the premises (front office) where the business will be physically conducted;
Requirements related to the insurance of the tour operator / tour agent in Bulgaria;
Additionally to the above, the applicant must show proof that it is not under a liquidation or insolvency procedure; it has not operated as a tour operator or travel agent without a license for the last 12 months; its certificate for registration has not been cancelled for the last 12 months.
Carrying out tour operator or travel agent activity without a certificate for registration is considered an administrative offense and is subject to fines ranging from BGN 500 to BGN 20 000..
With our service we for tour operator, touristic agency:
- We will complete the registration procedure for your new company as a tour operator and / or travel agent for you.
• We will prepare, fill in and submit the necessary documentation for your company registration in the Tour Operator Register and Travel Agents. • We will provide appropriate training and qualification for your staff if you need them. • We will save you valuable time, and with our knowledge and skills we will carry out the entire registration procedure of a tour operator / travel agent in the Register of Tour Operators and Travel Agents for you at moderate competitive prices.
- The operation of the registration and the registration certificate is indefinite.
- Registered persons are issued a registration certificate, which is placed in a prominent position on the tourist site.
- The tourist voucher is issued for domestic and outbound tourism only by a registered tour operator.
- The tourist voucher can be provided to the tourist and travel agent only in the name and on behalf of a registered tour operator.
- The travel agent is not allowed to issue his / her own tourist voucher.
If you have any queries or ambiguities regarding the registration of a tour operator or travel agent, contact the team through the ONLINE CONSULTATION form and ask your question.