Transport & Logistic law
With a full-service transportation law department of experienced transportation attorneys, D. Vladimirov & Partners is a professional law office in solving the legal problems of transportation companies, logistics providers, and their customers.
Our transportation attorneys have gained wide experience as well as international recognition for their in-depth knowledge and broad experience in serving the changing and dynamic fields of transportation and business logistics.
Transport law, involving shipping by land, sea or air, is the expression of trade par excellence. It is governed by regulation and case law which are in constant evolution.
Short periods of limitation which require rapid action, the application of national rules combined with international conventions, capped damages… – transport and logistics law have numerous specificities.
The firm’s transportation experience dates, when the core members of the transportation law group began practicing with specialty law firms representing the transportation industry.
Facing new challenges, both the industry and our attorneys have expanded and changed. Industry concerns moved from rate regulation, entry control, and a totally organized workforce to free entry and competitive logistics, and a diverse pool of labor and employment options.
The law office serves to international clients include carriers, shippers, freight forwarders, brokers and logistics companies.
Our transportation attorneys serve clients in the following areas:
- Represent carriers and shippers in disputes involving local and international transportation rules.
- Prepare and review transportation contracts, logistics agreements, equipment leases, independent contractor agreements, shipping documents, rate tariffs and carrier interchange agreements
- Defend carriers in regulatory enforcement actions and transportation claims for damages
- Represent local and international carrier in collective bargaining, union representation proceedings, arbitration, drafting of policies & procedures;
- Investigate transportation accidents on an expedited basis and prepare for the defense or resolution of claims
- Represent carriers in the buying, selling or leasing of terminal facilities, including any related environmental issues
- Handle defense of workers compensation claims for transportation companies
- Prepare and review benefit plans to comply with related agency requirements
- Represent transportation companies in employment and civil rights litigation in state and Bulgarian courts, including disability discrimination claims to present issues unique to the industry
Thanks to the expert knowledge gained in litigation and technical surveys in the transport sector, they advise and assist their clients in the different fields of law linked to logistics and national and international transportation.
Our law office D.Vladimirov & Partners plead regularly on behalf of major insurers operating in the land and maritime transport sector.
They also advise on a daily basis middle sized companies with respect to their freight forwarding and logistics activities.
The firm also provides support to victims of airplane crashes that imply French interests, acting directly or as correspondents for international law firms.
Their reactive and dedicated team is familiar with all aspects of national and international litigation in the transport and logistics sector and advises in English, German and Bulgarian.